Train & Ride Like a Pro Package (Wednesday Evening Trainings + Sunday Morning Rides)
Train & Ride Like a Pro Package
(Wednesday Evening Trainings + Sunday Morning Rides)
Not a member yet? Please take into account the following:
- We ask all riders interested in joining our club to do a Trial Training first. This way we can get to know you and get an impression of your cycling experience.
- At the moment we have no Trial Training planned. If you’re interested in joining our club, please send us an email.
About our Train & Ride Like a Pro Package
No matter if you’re a distance rider, speed monster or both; this package allows you to learn, (further) develop and practice all aspects of road cycling, from group riding to individual skills.
Training helps you reach your cycling goals and makes you a better – and safer – allround group rider. Practice makes perfect and repetition is the mother of all skills. Just like the pros. That is why we strongly recommend all our (future) members who want to join our group rides to also train with us.
Why choose this package?
- Gives you the easy option of booking a complete riding and training season with just 1 click
- Train on the smooth and traffic free(!) asphalt of the cycling track on Wednesday evenings
- Practice and enjoy your (group riding) skills during our Sunday Morning Rides
- All our Wednesday Evening Trainings on outdoor cycling track De Weeren in Amsterdam Noord
- All our Sunday Morning Rides with a different route each week
- 2 clinics by professional cycling coach Martin Lukasse (11 May) and former cycling champion Steven Rooks (15 June)
- 2 longer Sunday Social Tours (+/- 100km): 15 May (Brabant) and 3 July (De Achterhoek)Read more about our Training + Sunday Morning Rides in the Description below
About our Wednesday Evenings Trainings
About our trainer
Growing up in Brabant, Rob started training and racing at an early age. Though he finally chose for a professional career in music, he kept cycling and also developed himself as a personal and cycle trainer. Rob knows better than anyone else how to transfer his passion for cycling to other cyclists. Especially by emphasizing the dynamics and surprising variety in aspects of this exciting sports. Rob’s personal approach, solid training structure, regular references to pro cycling and sense of humour characterise his trainings. He knows how to get the best out of everybody!
About the trainings
You’ll practice and train ALL aspects of what road cycling is about.
- Train at your own level (we split up into groups)
- Train your individual bike skills and technique (e.g. steering, taking curves, gearing, riding lines, coordination, balance) and become a more controlled rider
- Train and experience (the fun of) riding in a group and operating as a team (e.g. different group formations, sprinting, falling back and recuperating)
- Practice with competitive elements during small group time trials
Location, dates and time
- Location: Outdoor Cycling Track De Weeren in Noord, Beemstraat 654 in Amsterdam Noord
- Ride on this 1.5 km smooth asphalt track with a start and finish line (just like the pros)
- No traffic so you can fully focus on cycling(!)
- Dates: 6 13 20 April, 4 11 (clinic) 18 25 May, 1 8 15 (clinic) 22 29 June, 6 13 July and 17 24 31 Aug, 7 14 21 28 Sept
- Including: 2 clinics by professional cycling coach Martin Lukasse (11 May) and former cycling champion Steven Rooks (15 June)
- Time: 19:00 – 21:00 (18:30 – 20:30 in April and 18:00 – 20:00 in September because of the early sunset)
About our Sunday Morning Rides
- Sun 10 April – 25 Sept
- We ride in 2 level groups: Intermediate (26-30 km/h) and Experienced (+30 km/h)
- Different route every week, receive gpx in advance
- Start at 9:30 and finish with excellent coffee at our clubhouse Thúskomme in Amsterdam-Oost
- Distance: 65 – 85 km
- We ride according to our safe riding policy