Ride Assistant Course
As a Ride Assistant you’ll be able to help the group ride smoothly and according to traffic rules and our safe riding policy.
During this 3-hour course trainer Claar Schouwenaar will teach you all about the skills and safety aspects of group riding.
We start with a coffee table theory session. After that, we’ll ride out to bring theory into practice.
- Date: Thursday 2 July
- Time: 18.30 – +/- 21.30
- Start and finish at clubhouse Thúskomme
See Description for more details.
A few of the subjects we’ll discuss/practice:
- The essence of safe group riding
- Cycling etiquette
- Ride Assistant’s role
- Different group pace lines
- Safety aspects and hand signals
- Anticipating possible hazards, accidents and how (not) to react
Why join this course
This course will:
- significantly add to your group riding skills.
- make you a better and more safety aware cyclist.
- give you the authority to help ensure a positive and safe riding experience for all group riders.